Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Things I'm Observing

Since going part time I have had many afternoons to observe my two girls. Ella, who is 2 1/2, and Alivia who is 7months. Things I have been observing:

  • Innocence. I love just watching the innocence in each one of them. Their faces light up with the smallest of things. The world is always right in their eyes. Love that. 
  • Mommy kisses really do have magical powers. Each time my oldest daughter gets hurt a requirement of healing is a kiss from Mom on the area that was hurt. Love that. 
  • Everything is new and exciting. I love that the mir mention of going to the store gets a reaction as tho we have won the lotto. 
  • Everything is an adventure. In the past two months I have traveled over the big mountain, to the blue lake, through the dark caves, to the green forest & on to the princess castle. All the while with Captain Ella steering us with the wheel of the stroller. It has been quite fun! 
  • Sibling rivalry starts at a much younger age than I ever thought possible. 
  • Headbands do not serve a purpose, as say keeping hair out of the face, as some would think. They are indeed princess crowns & should be worn everyday with any outfit. 
  • Couches, tables, dresser drawers & counters were made so they could be jumped off of. 
  • Everything must be explored. Whether it is learning how to fold laundry, help make dinner, help make the bed, or putting on make up or painting fingernails & toes, it must be explored.
  • There are only four food groups worth trying: Milk, mac & cheese, waffles, and peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. 
and last but not least...
  • There will be testing daily. Some times they are bigger tests than others, but all in all there will be a test to see how far the limit can be pressed before a consequence. 
I love watching them grow & learn! Needless to say, I'm having a blast! ♥ 

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...