Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Free-falling

Whoever said adoption was not like pregnancy either hasn't experienced both or was not telling the truth because I'm experiencing all the same symptoms! 
Let's see... heartburn, upset stomach, nausea, sleepless nights, worry, anxiety, and the list goes on & on. Oh & then there is the, not finding out your going to have a baby until many months into the process, thing! Wait that one is just all me, can't claim that one as normal haha :) 
Well I guess there is one slight difference, with adoption you are in a constant state of feeling like you are in a free-fall. Not knowing where you will land, if it will be on both feet or flat on your back....no, no wait....that's the same as pregnancy too. Haha who knew these processes were so similar, yet so very different. 
For now I will keep practicing my deep breaths in preparation for the big day! I think the breathing tips I learned when I was pregnant are helping me more now than they did two years ago! :) 

Things that are being done as of now....
Today we buy the lawyer for the birth mom. Breathe, breathe. 
I talked to work yesterday & they are preparing for me to be out when baby arrives. (we need a name! I need something to call her, any suggestions??) 
The hospital has been contacted & will have a room set up for us....oh my oh my there it goes, that free-fall feeling!!! 
Breathe, breathe, ok better. :)
Then last night....I started baby wilks scrapbook. I am a secret scrapbook-er....shhh don't tell. ;) 
But I made one for Ella's first year, and one of my Mothers day gifts from Jeremy was a brand new scrapbook to make for this baby. (he did that!!! can you TAKE it?!!) so that will give me something to work on while we wait. 
I'm trying, trying to let go & experience all of this. No inhibitions, no holding back, all in....because if I don't it will be over before I know it. So today, I will keep practicing my breathing & praying for a name to come to us so I can stop calling her baby wilk ;) 
Have a good day everyone! 

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Praying for you to just breathe in the Grace God is pouring out. :)

Speaking of names...Grace is a lovely name. Or Hannah - which means the same thing. :) Or...because of Jer's excitement, Abigail -- means "my father's Joy"

Or you know, Amanda's a cool name...it means "beloved, or worthy of Love" (a gift to my heart, as it turns out....having those meanings to my name has been a solid rock of goodness in my life) ...

I love names. I can't wait to hear what you name your sweet girl! :)

Sweetly Broken said...

Thanks for the suggestions Amanda. We have two nieces named Abigail & a sister who is Amanda....and we know a Hannah so that's out....grace is very suiting hahah I'll keep you posted! :)

Ashley Eiban said...

I can't get over how excited I am for you Janna! :) This is such a scary time, but God is in control. It's so amazing to hear your story! Love you!

Amanda said...

I was teasing about my name, by the way. :)

Abigail is fairly common, that's true. :)

Sweetly Broken said...

Thank you Ash! Love you too :)

Sweetly Broken said...

Amanda is a great name! If we didn't know so many it would be in the rubbings for sure ;)

Sweetly Broken said...

Haha and by rubbings I MEAN RUNNINGS hahahah

The Lucero Family said...

So excited for you, Jeremy & Ella :) I have always liked the name Elise. Ella & Elise....kinda cute!

Sweetly Broken said...

Ooo thank you Hannah, I like Elise too! :)

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...