Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Good vs Warrior

Are you a good servant 
Or are you a warrior servant? 

I have no clue where I took these notes from....I know they did not come from me though. So I am sorry I'm not giving credit to where credit is due because I have no clue what I took these from.

Let me start over. 
Hello. It's been a while, yes. Our family finds us in another situation of saying yes & the yes again, is very very hard. After the 28th I can give more details of what I'm talking about, but for now....the place I find myself in again is stressed to the max. I stand before two paths and I have no clue which one we will be on in one weeks time. One could be rocky with a lot of speed bumps and feelings of being out of control but with more free time to navigate the bumps, and the other one could be "back to normal" smooth with me feeling under control, able to actually navigate the daily life. 
Both paths have their challenges. Both paths have pros and cons. Both come with choosing so say yes daily and both ask the question....

Are you a good servant or are you a warrior servant? 

You see, there is no fuel in just being a good servant. The reason that is, is because....
-there is no threat in just being good
-enemy wants us to stay as good servants
-we become just a volunteer 
-it's super easy to quit when it's hard
-you become easily burnt out

BUT when we serve as a warrior, there is power and change that happens. When we serve as a warrior:
-character builds
-we tap into God's power
-we can change a generation
-we become spiritual warriors
-there is movement
-we see life change
-sacrifice 
-deep relationship with God
-requires dependance
-your fire is fueled when you are a warrior servant; it doesn't drain you 
-Our life is about His purpose not ours.

Did you catch that last line (Janna!?). It's about HIS purpose not OURS. 

This past six weeks I had every intention to serve like a warrior, and there have been times for sure that I have. But lately my service turned into just being a good servant. Where was the switch? Being tired? Selfish? Feeling like its too much? Yep, yep, and yep. 
The thing I've been noticing is that there is something much bigger than what our human eyes can see or even understand at times. The enemy wants to keep us "good." There is no threat in good. If we took a step back and remembered and realized we are in a spiritual battle for the hearts and lives of people who don't know Jesus I think our service would be less about being good and more about being a warrior. One that is dependent fully on the Word and using it as a sword to defend and defeat. To serve with a purpose and a mission on our minds, always. 

Time is so short. You have no clue how long you are going to be in the season you are in, and to waste the days just being a good servant would be a tragedy. I don't know about you, but I may only have a week left in this current season I'm in or it may be a new season forever for our family, but for now I am going to refocus and remember to serve like a warrior. So that! HIS purpose is laid out, not mine. 
Hard to do when you average 5 1/2 hours of sleep, but I'm going to do my best! :)

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...