Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Let the Adventure Begin!

Today is the day! 

It has been 12 years since my church has been going over to Nepal to visit and support the Tibetan Trust Home. The Tibetan Trust Home is one of our strongest global mission partnerships, and is a residential or boarding school for underprivileged Tibetan kids in the Pokhara area, supported by donations. My husband has gone over a lot in these past 12 years, and over that time he has asked me to come quite a few times….my answer always resulting in “no, not this time”. My no was for whatever reason…the girls were small or didn’t work out with my vacation time and what we had planned that year, on and on I just have never went. There is the other part too that my heart beats deeply for Africa. I love that country; I love the culture, and the people. So if I were to jump at an opportunity to go on a trip it would be to Africa, not Nepal.  

So here we are today and in just a few short hours we will begin the 2 to 3 day trek to Nepal! There were several motivators for me to say yes to go this time when he asked. One being our girls aren’t infants anymore and are at an age where they don’t need so much one on one care. Another reason was I had enough vacation time as this year I moved up to 3 weeks’ vacation! Another reason was on this trip we get to celebrate 20 years of the Trust Home being in open. And then the last was, if Jeremy was going to get me to Nepal he knew another key motivator would be to go with friends! There are several of our closest friends going on this specific trip, so that is when all of that combined I said yes. 

There are so many emotions that have come these past few weeks leading up to this trip, and the culmination of it all was last night my oldest daughter saying please don’t go as she is crying in my lap. Ok just go ahead and RIP my HEART straight OUT!! Ugh. Needless to say, it was a weep fest.

Despite all the tears, I am excited. I was driving in to work today, praying, and I’m just excited to see God in a whole new context. On the other side of the world, to watch Him be moving & not confined by my little world I try to keep him boxed into. I’m also excited to see the Trust Home in person, to get to meet Argon, and the kids we support. To be able to see the majesty that is the Himalayas!  Cannot wait for that part!

So my prayer for this trip is that I am present. That I’m not so focused on missing home and the girls that I miss what God has in store for me there. After 12 years of not going, there is a reason I am going on this trip specifically so I don’t want to miss a thing!

Here we goooooooooo!

 


No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...