Sunday, November 9, 2008

We can not seperate....

"Never Alone"
Barlow Girls

I waited for you today
But you didn't show
No no no
I needed You today
So where did You go?
You told me to call
Said You'd be there
And though I haven't seen You
Are You still there?

I cried out with no reply
And I can't feel You by my side
So I'll hold tight to what I know
You're here and I"m never alone

And though I cannot see You
And I can't explain why
Such a deep, deep reassurance
You've placed in my life

We cannot separate
'Cause You're part of me
And though You're invisible
I'll trust the unseen

____________________________________

So many times I do not hold tight to what I know. I don't remember that he is here & I'm never alone. I can't find that reassurance that he's placed in my life. I know we can't separate, because He's part of me, and I think because he is unseen I forget to trust the unseen. How do I still hold tight when I make the choices to not press in? To not be with him, or spend time with him, or ask him to lead instead of me? How do I keep pressing on and into him when my life is going great? How do I hold tight to what I know when I don't "need" him?
This is my hearts prayer, and cry. I want to be so in touch with him & what I know that I find that deep deep reassurance in my life. To live out that I know we can not separate. That he's part of me. Even though, he is invisible.
God show me. REMIND ME. Prompt me, move me, wake me up in you. I love you. I do. I want to be so close, that I feel your heart beat. Show me how to stay close to you in the good times.
Not just the bad.

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...