Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools Day...but this is no joke!

I have been so blown away at the impact the Lord is allowing my little life to have on people! See...five years ago he started a work in my heart, one the required me to Love God will ALL of me...which meant giving him just that -->ALL of me. So through out that process he has exposed some of the deepest darkest depths of my heart & brought it to light. Another area he has brought to life was my weight. For as long as I can remember weight has been an issue in my life (I was on a diet in 2nd grade! not kidding!). Over the past 5 years the Lord has been requiring me to give Him all of me, including my weight. I thought this was an absurd idea, I mean really who does that! But the short story is, is that slowly he has been changing me from the inside out & molding me and shaping me into who He wants me to be...all He asked of me, was that I was faithful & followed. He had to completely change my paradigm & change my idea of "losing weight" to a view of "Honoring God with my body" It hasn't been easy but over the past 4-6 months he has allowed me to see the effects of my obedience! One being the health aspect, but the biggest one is seeing how my story has affected other people! I have seen people become encouraged & inspired to press on when its hard because of my example...which is ONLY because of the work the Lord did in my heart. ALL the glory is his for sure. So as I write this my prayer is that if in this small way he would allow me to keep encouraging people, to keep pressing on toward health, keep running this race he has me on, and keep pointing & encouraging people toward Christ! I am nothing with out him!

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...