Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Year Six

This Sunday, April 26th, marks the sixth year I've been married! I am so excited to be married for six years. It is such an accomplishment these days! I think the thing that defines my happiness so much, is the of marking how far my husband & I have come! Thinking back to our first couple years of marriage & the way we communicated & how we functioned as a family is vastly different then the way we operate to this day. The Lord has been our strength & is who we look to when we don't feel like getting through another day, but he also another part of our success can be attributed to the book: Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs.
This book transformed how we work through conflict & how we function as a married couple. The main principles that we took from this book was that the man needs Respect & the woman needs to be Loved. Plain & simple. Sounds pretty elementary to me too....but it is truth. Once we understood the concept of him showing me love & me showing him respect our conflicts are dissolved very quickly.
Its been an amazing journey filled with ups & down, hills & valleys, lows & highs, but we have learned so much & have gleaned so much from these past 6 years, that I can't wait till the next 20 to see what we learn in that time!!

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...