Tuesday, January 31, 2012

So Rich A Crown

So....talked to my parents last night, they got word from the Neurologist that my Dad officially does have Parkinson's disease & they are moving forward with treatment. He obviously was just devastated but willing to keep fighting. I just tried to encourage him that this isn't a death sentence...there are a lot worse fates, he could have stage 4 cancer & only have 3 months to live, you know? So I'm just like its ok, this might be your new season, but handle it with grace, and on your knees before him & pray that you are able to point it back to God & his goodness through it.

So I'm asking that you guys would join me in praying for him...not necessarily for healing...although that would be amazing, but that whatever this new season is, that my Dad & my Mom both would be drawn to their knees before God & that he would become greater in their lives. That through this people would wonder how and why they are handling it with such grace & ease...and ultimately draw coworkers,neighbors whomever; and then ultimately that HIS will would be done healing, no healing whatever. Not things that we think would be best or not the outcome that we see fit, but that through this He would become greater & we would become less.

These words just brought me so much comfort on Sunday....so so true. He is bigger than this too.

When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of Glory died
My richest gain I count but loss
And pour contempt on all my pride

See from his head, his hands, his feet
Sorrow and love flow mingled down
Did ever such love and sorrow meet
Or thorns compose so rich a crown

O the wonderful cross, O the wonderful cross
Bids me come and die and find that I may truly live
O the wonderful cross, O the wonderful cross
All who gather here by grace draw near and bless
Your name

Were the whole realm of nature mine
That were an offering far too small
Love so amazing, so divine
Demands my soul, my life, my all

Thanks for praying ♥

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Praying, my sweet Janna friend! :) <3 you!

Sweetly Broken said...

Thanks Amanda :)

Sweetly Broken said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Lucero Family said...

I will keep your family in my prayers during this difficult time.

Sweetly Broken said...

Thank you Hannah <3

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...