Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Losing All

So Today is really day one of our 4 week journey my Mom & I started. I think its going to be really important to focus on Christ throughout this process because He is the only one who will give us the strength for a new day & to keep on going. So today's verse is going to be:

Philippians 3:7-8
"But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things."


I think this verse is perfect for the journey we've just started....losing all for the sake of Christ. Isn't that what this whole thing is about anyway? About Him? How we can do this life for Him & serve & love like Him? It takes a lot of 'losing of self' to continue on a journey of being healthy. Its a sacrifice daily to say...OK Lord, I'm going to lose ALL for the sake of you, even if that means giving up an old way of eating, or an old routine, or a routine not filled with physical exercise. Its a NEW life, a life of losing all for the SAKE OF CHRIST. Whatever was to my profit (insert whatever filled you up) I now consider a loss for the the sake of Christ.

Stake your claim now! Claim that you ARE different because of Christ. Claim that you no longer have to live like a prisoner to self! He has changed you from the inside out & HE is making you into a new person.
What will you "lose for the sake of Christ" today?

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...