Sunday, May 31, 2009

Not in Ourselves.

So week one is done. We did it! My mom did great with her week! She met all her goals...I on the other hand...had a hard time for some reason. This weekend was a big rough for me, we had a couple parties & a baseball game to go to & those types of environments don't lend themselves to a healthy eating situation. I did however meet my goal of work outs, so that is something good. So yeah week one is done & I think I will strive to work harder this time, be more strict with my eating. Mom, Great job! You did it! So proud of you!
This next week i think I will focus on a chapter from the Abiding In Christ book by Andrew Murray.(Amazing btw, if you've not read it, pick it up today!)
this chapter is talking about losing self for the sake of Christ. Its based of this verse: Galatians 2:20 "It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me." This will be our theme for this next week...Christ in me. I can do this because I am NOT the same person! I am choosing to be who Christ says I should be! Let this encourage you Christian.
Here are some quotes from the book that really stood out to me:

"The greatest enemy int he abiding life is self. First it refuses to give up its will; then again, by its working, it hinders God's work."

"Am I prepared to say that my old self will no longer have a word to say?"

"It is in the slaying of self that the wonderful powers with which God has fitted you to serve Him can be set free for a complete surrender to God and offer to Him to be accepted, sanctified, and used."

"If you are willing to entirely give up self, and to allow Jesus Christ to become your life within you, inspiring all your thinking, feeling, and acting, in things temporal and spiritual, He IS ready to take CHARGE."

It is time Christ Follower to die to self, once and for all! Stand up, fight back, take your self & your self will hostage to the grace that Jesus offers. Surrender to Him. Fight everyday to make HIM number 1 & self to be #2!!

**REMEMBER**
Self that seeks to serve God is more dangerous than self that refuses to obey God.

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...