Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekend

It was a really good weekend! Jer & I talked a lot about the baby! :)
Its becoming so fun, and I think we are really getting into this! The first thing was, that I was upstairs getting ready, doing my hair when I got a text message from him. He goes: "What about Ella, if its a girl" I was ecstatic! I love just the fact that he's THINKING about names & that he came up with a girl name! He's so cute! So we this is just the beginnings & ideas...but we like Ella Jane if its a girl. We might change up the middle name, but we are still at the very beginning stages, and a lot can change! I just thought it was super sweet he was thinking of names. ♥ ♥

The next thing was, I went to church on Saturday night & Sunday night & that was the first time that the mass public knew! it was mayhem! Everyone was touching my belly & ooh & aahhh'ing over the fact that I am pregnant. It was fun...not used to people touching me so much...but hey...that is all part of it! :) Its pretty incredible this whole process so far!

I've noticed more symptoms this weekend than I have before...the first being heart burn. (ouch!) I had heart burn Friday & Saturday nights, and then a little on Sunday afternoon too. Man that hurts! I need to figure out if I'm eating too much or too fast, or the type of foods...or if this is just how it is...but yeah heart burn is not fun.
And the other thing was the gas kicked up a notch this weekend! I've been super gassy...they say this happens, and apparently they are right! I also noticed at nights my stomach will swell...I looked it up online & here is what it had to say about why that happens:

Don't be surprised if you find yourself belching like a champion beer drinker or having to unbutton your pants to relieve bloating weeks before you begin to show.
Why does this happen? The primary reason is that during pregnancy you have much higher levels of progesterone, a hormone that relaxes smooth muscle tissue throughout your body, including your gastrointestinal tract. This relaxation slows down your digestive processes so your baby gets the nutrients they need, which can lead to gas, bloating, burping, and flatulence and generally create miserable sensations in your gut, especially after a big meal.In later pregnancy, your growing uterus crowds your abdominal cavity, further slowing digestion, and pushes on your stomach, making you feel even more bloated after eating. During pregnancy, you may also start to experience heartburn or constipation, even if you've never been bothered by either one before.


I thought that was pretty interesting...at least I know why...another site said it could be due to a slower metabolism as well...which I know I have!
Its been really fun over all, I'm learning so much!!

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...