Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mountain Tops

Today my study time with Beth Moore was on the passage Luke 9:28-36.

One of her questions was:
At what points and places in your life has He made His glory known to you...in ways that were indescribably real & unforgettable?

This made me laugh! All I could answer with was, "Read my blog for the past three years!" Ha! Undeniably God. She was also saying how God often chooses to reveal His glory on the top of a mountain. She continues to say Jesus regularly seeks to readjust our vision of Him, the more we are willing to received the more He is willing to reveal to us. She said the reason Jesus took Peter, James, & John to the mountain top was because they were willing to receive a greater revelation. Matt 13:12

"How blessed we are when we want to see Him! How blessed we are when we begin to make our chief cry to him "Lord I want to know you! I want to know the reality of you! I want to know who you really are. Shatter my present perspective & show me the reality of you." -Beth Moore.

I loved this mornings time with Him. I can't help but think back to the very beginning of all this & see what He really was doing. He was hiking me up a mountain top...for this moment that I am able to see His glory revealed! He brought me through the depths & the hard climbs & the twists & the turns so at the top I could see His true glory in an indescribably real & unforgettable way!
Not to say that this is it for me & that "I've arrived" or that I have it all together, or that this was this "super easy" ride & I've been coasting this whole time. No I've literally been drug through the mud & the muck! Its been so hard, lots of anger, tears, and losing all of me.....but this for sure is a mountain top! And I'm seeing Him & His scarlet thread all throughout these past years.
He blows me away.
I'm truly in awe.

I re-read my very 1st blog on May 8, 2007 just to remember where I was when all this started....and still to this day, this Jeremy Riddle song is my heart. He is constantly drawing me to my knees! And I'm more in love with Him & trust him more than I ever thought I would! ♥

_______________________________________

May 8, 2007

Wholly surrendered is a phrase I heard in a song....by Jeremy Riddle. The lyrics actually changed my life....completely.
Let me share them with you:

Jeremy Riddle - Sweetly Broken
To the cross I look, to the cross I cling
Of its suffering I do drink
Of its work I do sing

For on it my Savior both bruised and crushed
Showed that God is love
And God is just

Chorus:
At the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,
I’m sweetly broken, wholly surrendered

What a priceless gift, undeserved life
Have I been given
Through Christ crucified

You’ve called me out of death
You’ve called me into life
And I was under Your wrath
Now through the cross I’m reconciled


Chorus:
In awe of the cross I must confess
How wondrous Your redeeming love and
How great is Your faithfulness


I wouldn't say I have always been here....in this 'sweetly broken' state. Nor have I ever imagined I'd be content in a 'sweetly broken' state.....I mean really...when you think of 'sweetly broken'??? it just doesn't make sense, you know? I know in my own life, when something is 'broken' its not usable, it broke, you don't want it...and there is surly nothing 'sweet' about it.
This song has grown to be a lesson I've been learning for the past 2 years. A life change I've tried to live. A new way to do this thing, to remain in a state of brokenness, and becoming wholly surrendered, is not an easy thing. And I'm not saying I've arrived, because Lord knows, this life is still as rough as the rock needing to be chipped away!
But to the cross I look, and to the cross I cling has been my aim. The Lord has brought me to my knees these last two years, in what has seemed like every area of this little life I lead. I have been shook to the core, wounds have been torn wide open, a paradigm has shifted, once what I thought was gain, really is now a loss, a heart has been crushed, friends have come and gone, loss of family, a heart changing from the inside out, values being challenged, faith tested, loyalty tested, one thing after another tested and broken.
As I look back, I realize, I was being drawn to my knees, which left me at a loss for words, and so lost in love, sweetly broken, and wholly surrendered.
To truly understand those words, to drink them in, and let them pour into your heart and soul, to hang on every word as if it were straight from your heart, and to grasp the true meaning of them, one could not relate if having not been there, and gone through it, or is going through it.
That is where I feel like I am at right now, and have been for quite some time. I feel like its been a place of brokenness, surrender, dying to self, renewing, refreshing, challenging, hurting......loosing it all for the sake of Christ.

So why this blog? Why post these things? Well for an outlet, I'd say. And for some once of hope that my musings and daily struggles and life written down, would be used to encourage or push some one toward the light. And may your life become one that is sweetly broken and wholly surrendered.
Until the next time.....

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...