Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

Whelp! This was a big gigantic weekend for us! That's for sure!!
I think we are still in a state of shock (or at least I am, Jeremy is being so calm about all this!)...but the first thing was....
On Friday April 2nd, we had our very first Dr. appointment & ultrasound! It was quite amazing & I was more emotional than I expected I would be...not sure why that surprises me, I cry at anything! haha
But what we found out is that we are having a sweet bouncy baby.....GIRL!!!! We have decided to name her Ella Wilkinson. We are still working on a middle name.
And....I am 27 weeks along, and I am due July 5th!!!

That was QUITE a shocker! On Feb. 19th when I found out I was pregnant, I went to my regular Dr. to do blood work & what she told me, was that I was around 6-7 weeks....but in reality...I was 21 weeks along at that point!!! Again, shocker!! I had hoped I wasn't that far along because that means the first four months of my pregnancy...I was giving her nothing that she needed...well except trying to eat healthy & exercise. I guess that speaks for something! But no prenatal vitamins, no nothing. :( So that was a bummer for me, but Ella was doing great they said! So yay!
The Dr. is in high gear now with us, I have an appointment on Wednesday, and then another one next Tuesday...since I'm so far along they had to get me in quick.

But I can't help but point this little one & this whole situation back to GOD! He did this...its so unreal to me just how he set everything up.
If you have time got back to my October posts where this whole thing started....then keep in mind...October 12th was when I conceived according to the Doctor....which was the Monday we got HOME FROM CATALYST!!
I can't take it. I'm confused, and excited, and emotional, and I just don't know what He is thinking/doing....well He obviously had a plan for our hearts to be aligned then He opened up my womb to give life to this sweet baby.
So you can't deny it.
Its all God.
I don't know how this could have been planned or timed any differently. And I don't know how anyone doubts there is a God. You can't manufacture this stuff. You just can't.
I'm in a daze.

So we announced everything Friday afternoon. Again we have the most loving supportive family/friends ever, pretty much. I'm convinced. :)
Everyone is so in this with us supporting & loving us 100% of the way. Its amazing.

So then Saturday Jer & I went to Toys R Us to start the registration process...that was fun! It was good for us to go out with an end in sight & a color in mind. :)
I think we will register at Target too, but I have to go back to do that another day. It was very tiring. :)

Then Sunday was Easter, and it could not have been a more perfect day. We had 3 services at Blue Ridge & they were great! Then Jer & I had Easter dinner at our house, it was really nice to have a few people over & just relax & sit on the deck. And the weather was absolutely perfect.
It was the perfect ending to a perfect weekend. ♥

1 comment:

The Adventures of a Princess in Disguise said...

I thought about that when you said that you were due in October. SO FUN!!!! I can't wait to meet Ella. She will have the coolest parents (outside of Joshua of course;)

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...