Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SuperBowl 2011

Well so on Sunday Jeremy talked about reaching out toward people who aren't "like" us. To take that uncomfortable step out & invite people, who don't know God, over to your house for dinner or something to get to know them.
Jeremy talked to some of his basketball buddies & decided to throw a Superbowl party at our house, we would invite them & others to join, as a way of putting this into action.

So I was just praying this morning on my way to work...Lord give me opportunities to invite someone to come. Well I invited a couple of my old coworkers from they bank, and they are deciding if they will come or not.

I was thinking ok...who at my job now could I invite, since its a male dominated place of work, I want to careful on who I invite...as to not give the wrong impression. Then a coworker that works at another location that I used to work with emailed some pictures of her daughter to me today.
She had her daughter a month after I had Ella, so through out our pregnancies we'd swap stories & tell each other what stage we were in...as we do now with our girls.

Well..just randomly I was like...hmmmm...maybe invite Aimee & her husband to come on Sunday. Highly doubting she'd even take my offer serious, and not expecting them to come at all...nor want to...she replies with "Sure! we'd love to come!!" hahaha I guess when you invite someone to a party you should at least think they "might" come. hahah I really did not think they would come, but they are! :) How fun is that!

God you are awesome, and when we take that small little step in honoring you, you show up in full force making all of our insecurities & worries about feeling dumb go away. I love you for that! Thank you for this small little gift! Now for Sunday...help us have a great time! I'm nervous! :) haha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such a sweet host and friend. I know things will go great :) That's exciting and adventurous to take this leap of faith and let God handle the rest. All for His glory!

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...