Thursday, March 22, 2012

Where I've been

Well wow! It has been a long time. This is why:


Jeremy had the idea that since we were going through a 90day physical working out we should incorporate a 90 Spiritual workout as well. So we did this:



That was the 1st time EVER in my life that I have read the entire Bible. I had read about 75-80% of it but it was that last 20% or so that I needed still. I am so proud. But proud in a, I want to Glorify HIM kind of way! There is NO way I could do this on my own. He placed me with a man who is pursuing hard after Christ & leads me well...and pushes me to be better....and he brings our best friends along too. I love that about him. What an amazing man I GET to be married to. Then not to mention the love story that is written all through out the word....it is truly indescribable. I have heard it said, and I have seen it in my life & and the works He has done in me....but now I can say I've read these truths! He gave me such an understanding for His word, one that I didn't think I would have so that's why I had never wanted to try to tackle this beast. But HE did it! The Lord did it for me, and gave me a clear picture of why we truly, all humanity, are in need of a Savior. And again...these are things I "knew", but now I have read it for real throughout his word. He is amazing. My small words are so inadequate compared to what I feel. Perhaps Paul's beautiful words say it best:

Philippians 3:7-11
7 But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in[a] Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. 10 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.
12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

The best part about reading the Word...is that I know it won't be the last. It has given me a hunger for more & I want to read, and dissect, and become more & more like Him. I'm so in love. <3

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...