Monday, May 14, 2012

Running with Abandon

What a weekend.
Can I say it again, what a week.end. WOW.
I just am sitting here in shock & awe; I guess the Wilkinson's do it no other way though. Friday was an amazing day. Was able to help serve at the Daily Bread downtown, that is always an amazing experience for me, I love it there. Then speaking at Faith Girls Friday night was awesome too. For all that were praying, thank you! God showed up in an amazing way, calmed my nerves, answered specific prayers about the night, and was made bigger. It was an awesome experience. (Thank you again for asking me, Amanda) :) Then to top off Friday we went to our friends house to watch an outdoor movie. They were playing my favorite; Beauty & the Beast. If you would have been sitting next to me you probably would have punched me because I know pretty much every word hahah. :)
Saturday we went out to breakfast as a family, and went to our friends house to help them paint. Then came Sunday. Mothers Day, and what a day I had. It was so humbling to go in early to be apart of a drama that was just such a blast. That was probably the only glimpse of living out a musical I will ever have, but hey! I'll take it! It was a blast! :) So fun to hear the crowds into it & having fun too. :)
So after three services of that, I come home to this:


What you are seeing here is, in the top is a green cover for my MacBook Air, then an outfit that Jeremy picked out for our baby on the way, a scrapbook for me to make for her first year (like I did with Ella), and then a card that says how he can't wait to see me pour my love into another. 
more shock
more awe
what?? hahah WHO IS this guy!!?!? hahah I can't tell you how it feels to be in this moment at this point in time. The man who fought kids, who did not want them, who fell in love with our daughter, and now is running with full on abandon towards this baby on the way. He is jumping in head first with no hesitations, no fear, just full on running. It is amazing. It is ONLY explained by God. There is no way in his humanness that this is Jeremy. I love watching him. I love how he gets to be a Dad to two of our girls. I love that he loves her already. It.blows.me.away. I think I could truly die now...I mean really! If we were waiting on a list of checking off things I wanted to see fulfilled in my life before I died...I mean this is it. I am good...I have come through the depths & am now standing on the mountain top. It is a breath taking view! phew. 
So....if that was not enough...my day continued. We drove down to Roanoke to take Leighanne to lunch for Mothers Day. Earlier in the day I was having a bit of anxiety...just thinking about the what ifs...what if this, what if that...well if this then, that...just driving myself mad with questions & concerns. It is amazing to talk to jeremy through this....he has a calm and a peace about him like I've never seen. So he calms me...but then when we get to see Leighanne....her too. It is amazing how calm my nerves get when I am with her. All the worry, fear, anxiety, everything goes away. Either she is a really smooth talker or this is really going to happen. Either way....hahah what a ride we are on. She makes us feel so at peace & there is a calm when we are all together, she is great. She is a sweet sweet girl who just wants a good home & life for her baby....and is entrusting this job to us. It just makes me weep. And knowing where I've come from the depths my heart has sunk in these past 9 years of being married, to now watching prayers & dreams unfold right before my eyes.......again, I die. hahah I don't know why I am so shocked....I prayed for these things....this shouldn't shock me that He is answering them....I should say SEEEEE I KNEW IT! hahah :) 
So today...this new week that is before us...week 29....

We have ultrasound pictures, I've pulled out baby clothes....we are ready sweet baby. Just need a name & we'll be set. Running with full on abandon into this too. Not thinking about the what ifs....not thinking about this....not thinking about that....just running & jumping off this 100 foot cliff that is before me & know that I know that I know, God will catch me either way. Its the first time in my life I have just ran & jumped....all other times its been me creep'n up to the side of the cliff, looking over, freaking out, running away, coming back looking over, sitting down, turning to my belly to crawl off the side....on & on. Not this time.....in fact I'm backing up and full on sprinting & taking the biggest leap of my life. Here we go Lord......either way....you have this.......................♥ ♥

4 comments:

CG said...

<3 this. :)

Jheezy said...

So cool! It's been neat to hear some of the journey from Jeremy at our meetings (and such) and to read your thoughts and feelings through your blog.

I'm really excited for you both, and for all of the stories that will most certainly come out of this.

WOW... smh (with amazement)

Amanda said...

You just made me cry. For a lot of reasons. :) It's encouraging to know that God answers BIG prayers. I need that in my life these days. :)
<3 this and <3 what God has in store.
-A

and again, we loved having you. :)

Sweetly Broken said...

Thank you, thank you everyone. :) really appreciate the comments....totally freaked out still...but still jumping. :) hahah

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...