Wednesday, February 6, 2013

It is well...with my soul

To say this past week was hard is an understatement. My church family had a family, who is very close to my some of my dearest friends, loose their two year old daughter. In all of my life I have never, never seen a family respond in wanting to love God & make His name greater than their grief. Watching them move through this, truly changed me. And many others. I have not been directly involved in walking with this family, but as my close friends have, I have felt their heartache. I have ached inside for them & wept many times on their behalf. I have watched the body of Christ in ACTION. I keep seeing this picture of two people who are trying their best to hold themselves up, and under their arms are great & dear friends holding them up, and as the task gets harder & hard, those friends become weak & need help. So more friends come under those friends & lift their arms up as they hold the family up, as those get weak more come & hold them up, then more come under them, and more & more keep coming. Holding one another up.
That is the body. Doing life together. Moving & aching, weeping & morning, rejoicing, and worshiping. Together.
That is the body of Christ. I have seen this displayed in many ways throughout the years, but none like this. Perhaps its because I am closer to the grief than I have been before. Either way. This is faith lived out.
So we respond like Job. All of us in our different levels of loving & walking with this family through this grief & we say:

42 Then Job answered the Lord and said, 
“I know that You can do all things,
And that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted.

‘Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?’
Therefore I have declared that which I did not understand,
Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.”

‘Hear, now, and I will speak;
I will ask You, and You instruct me.’

“I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear;
But now my eye sees You;

Therefore I retract,
And I repent in dust and ashes.” 
Job 42:1-6
So Lord, whatever you have for us we will walk in your truth. You ARE good. We don't always understand, but you are God & we are not. I am praying with my family that lives would come to know you through this situation. As we walk through this life from here on out, would you helps us to trust you more and say....whatever may come...whatever will be.....it is well, with my soul. ♥

6 comments:

Angie said...

Well said, friend. Love you!

CG said...

yes friend!

Anonymous said...

Happy Monday!
I'm your new follower.
would be nice if you can visit my blog and link up.
Have a nice Monday.
Nan
www.blogshe.net

The Adventures of a Princess in Disguise said...

Wow Janna-- gaining quite a following:) Love to read how God is growing you in His wisdom and grace to minister to others:) Love ya friend:)

Sweetly Broken said...

Hi Nan nice to "meet" you! :)

Sweetly Broken said...

Thank you Janelle, all God! He is pretty amazing. Love you friend. <3

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...