Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Psalm 63


O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly;

My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You,

In a dry and weary land where there is no water.
      

Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary,

To see Your power and Your glory.

Because Your loving kindness is better than life,

My lips will praise You.

So I will bless You as long as I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness,
And my mouth offers praises with joyful lips.
When I remember You on my bed,

I meditate on You in the night watches,

For You have been my help,

And in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy.

My soul clings to You;

Your right hand upholds me


Psalm 63:1-8 is my heart right now. If you look over it, look at the strong strong words...earnestly...thirsts....yearns...those are intense words. Oh to be in this place everyday. Longing, thirsting, yearning to be in His presence. 
Then you go on...the above is happening because David saw His power & His glory. He KNEW that Gods love was better than life...and the only response he had was to lift up his hands, be satisfied, and offer praises with His joyful lips. 
Davids soul clung to Him...and he knew that his hand was holding him. 

What a beautiful picture. He could say these things because he knew the character of God. He knew Him & walked with Him. He knew his love was better than life. 

What a challenge to each one of us & questions I'm asking myself....Can we honestly say we thirst, yearn for Him? Do we cling to Him? Is His love better than life? 

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...