Friday, June 20, 2014

Life with the Wilkinson's

Life with the Wilkinson's looks a little different these days. Ok a lot different. We recently took in a sibling group (Brooklyn -8 & Brock -3) into our home. The set up was to be Sunday night through Thursday night & they would go back to mom for the weekend. Without going into too much detail they are with us this weekend too. :) We love how God has sent us the kids that he feels need to be in our home, and we are just walking each step out as it comes. Saying yes to Him has become our anthem. These past few weeks have not been pretty at times though. Yes, we have had some really fun times, but what people don't see are the breakdowns. The questions, why is my mom going out of town when she could be with us, questions. The cries and tears, the yells of when is Mommy coming to get me? Last Thursday as I fumbled myself through a conversation with Brooklyn trying to help her understand why she was here at our house….I found myself gasping for breath. I did my best to get through the conversation, but as I made my way to my room and shut the door behind me, I fell to my knees and just wept. My heart is broken in two for these kids, and have found myself falling for them. The self-protection side has kicked in too knowing they may not be with us after this summer. That in itself will be a whole new punch to the stomach, I'm sure of it.
These are good good kids, and I love watching how God has fashioned each one of them to land in this tiny two bedroom town home with us. Nov. 9th we said yes to foster care, and June 9th we intercepted two kids about to enter the system. He is a good God, and even through my protests of "Yes Lord I prayed for kids, but only two of them" He had a different plan. He has and is writing a story through these kids lives, and I can't wait to watch it unfold. We don't make plans past the day we are living in, because we don't really know. The only thing I really am planning is how on earth we are going to feed two more mouths! haha! These kids eat! Wasn't ready for that, but we are are on a budget and we used 4 weeks of food money in 3 weeks!! Hahah Shew! My two little ones are still in the "we hardly eat" stage, so we didn't really see a dent in our budget, but these other two eat! But you know in all of this, all the way back down to my first, Ella, he has made a way. All we have really "had to do" is say yes. So because of all the practice we have had to had saying yes, and watching him follow through; the whole food budget thing I know will be provided for as well. I love that He knows me so well, and knows all need those marker moments to look back on when I start to get all panicky and flustered. He is a good God, and I trust Him COMPLETELY.
So..life with the Wilkinsons….looks a lot different. A different I never would have dreamt up, but a different he fashioned and He put together, and I love this roller coaster of a life he has me on.
With that said…..we cherish your prayers, and need them daily. We don't know how to do this! :)
Hope everyone is well!! xoxo

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...