Saturday, March 21, 2015

Finding Peter

Well like my last blog post said...let's be like Peter....I've had just such an opportunity. My father passed away yesterday. If you've kept up with my blog at all you know he had MSA. I honestly thought, since we have been going through this "not knowing when he will pass" stage for 4 years...I thought I was prepared for it. I certainly was not. I have never cried like that ever. Like from the depths deep grieving. Oh I was and am so sad. I am so so glad he is celebrating with God, has a new body, and there is no more MSA. I guarantee he is wearing God out with questions though! Why did you do this, why did it have to be like this....haha I can remember him saying, I can't wait to meet and talk to Paul, Abraham and meet everyone. And now he gets to. I'm so glad there is no more suffering. Even in this God has answered so many of our prayers. My husband text me this & thought it was appropriate to focus on what we are thankful for.

(Our friend) Judson said I should write down all the places I have seen God move already and am grateful for ...so we don't forget:

-Joan didn't have to find him
-His death was an answer to Joan, Janna and Dan's prayer...so he didn't have to waste away
-He never had to go to the doctor to learn how to die...feeding tube...being flipped on a bed
-The man who found him & tried to resuscitate him came back to share with Joan Dans last mins
-Dan didn't die alone, choking
-He was coherent...and said "I need to go" to the man.
-That Jeremiah got a job back in Colorado
-That he got to spend the last 6 months with them
-That Dan and Amanda were here for dinner
-That Dan and Amanda's son Alex insisted on bringing over cookies they could decorate...distracted Ella and Liv while Janna cried
-Janna had a flight for Tuesday already so we weren't frantic to find a new one
-That's Jannas last memories of her dad aren't of irritation...or of cleaning up a mess...but of him making us egg sandwiches...& Christmas...throwing dad on concrete! (This was an accident!) ;)
-For friends who came over and prayed for us
-Flight miles from Luke and Steph
-Breakfast from Luke and Steph
- Luke and Steph paid for the ticket
-Joe offering his flight miles
-Found Janna a new ticket
-Drew called and said if money was and issue that some friends wanted to help
-That we both have jobs that tell us to take our time
-My mom and dad are willing to help us
-People that offer cars to take out there
-Steph taking Janna and Ella to the airport
-Kellie and Micheal took Liv so I can speak
-Staff and friends offer to take me to the airport
-People that just drop by

But most of all...Dan is in heaven with God right now celebrating and worshiping the Creator of the Universe...and  that there is no more pain...MSA...drugs.
And we will see him again. 
Oh I'm so glad. This is not a loss without hope. We have a hope in Jesus and he offers eternal life. 
So thankful for that. 
And I can't wait to hug my Mom and Brother.

So here is my moment; to find the Peter in me. This is my Peter moment when I am out on the water and the wind and waves are crashing around me. Am I going to get overwhelmed and let them consume me or am I going to keep my eyes on Jesus and keep walking?
Well Jesus the best I can--I'm keeping my eyes on you. Not sure how else I'd make it through this. 

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...