Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Gate Open

My husband and I went out of town for a night this weekend. We were celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary. Our friends kept our girls overnight so we could go and just be together. We had a wonderful time! We walked the shops, went to a nice dinner, and then to a movie! This used to be a pretty regular thing we did pre-kids…and it felt good to just be together doing what we loved. While walking around we went to this really neat store. It was called Alter’d State. Here is the website: http://www.altardstate.com/ The store is best described as Urban Outfitters meets Anthropologie. I loved it. As we were walking around I saw this: 


Live like someone left the gate open. Amazing. If you are a dog owner you know exactly what this means! If you aren’t, think about it. What happens when a gate is left open to a dog who has been pinned up in the back yard all day? They BOLT! They run out of the gate that has been left open so fast. They don’t look back, they run! Unrestrained, unrepressed, uninhibited, free, wild and brave. No fear. Sniffing, smelling, exploring, on the go to find the next thing, smell, taste, sight. The sky is the limit. 

I loved the picture of this saying. “Live like someone left the gate open.” I want this to be true of me. Not that I’m reckless, but that I’m uninhibited. Free. Grounded in my convictions of where I’m going. Confident in a God that is lead and nothing is going to hold me back to what I feel like God is asking of me. Running. Bolting. Exploring. Being BRAVEUnrepressed.Living! Wouldn’t life look a lot different if we all did this. Letshave a little fun with life. The older we get I think the less fun we have. That shouldn’t be. Lets do something that is young, and free. Unexpected, but bringing glory to God. Oh to live like someone left the gate open! xo

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...