Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Life.

Today was one of those days where you would have been better off staying in the bed. You know those days where you wake up and nothing goes right. You sleep through the alarm, late to work, boss has demands, stresses from dealing with humans in general!, mistakes needing fixed, car trouble, car trouble, car trouble, deadlines, things needing to be done at home, a mountain of laundry screaming your name, commmitments you've made, but are having a hard time keeping, people wanting to hang out, but you are so drained you can't think straight, family stresses, dealing with people you've offended because you've been so stressed out you've left a nasty line of offened people in the wake.......and the list goes on and on.....and all in one day.
*sigh*
This empty room feels nice. No noise. No lights. Just a bed with me in it. And a computer to escape into. This is where the day started and where the day will end. Yet somehow the voices, noises, moments, stresses all seem to be still shouting in my head. *slow down*
quiet.
deep breath.
relax.
noise drowning out.
calm in the midst of a storm. Thats what I cling to. Thats what gets me through the 100mph days. That calm that centers me. The voice that shouts louder than all the others. The quite strenght that slows me down.
This is where I want to be.
Life. Isn't what I thought it would be.

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...