Sunday, July 26, 2009

Acceptance

I will put my trust in Him.
-Hebrews 2:13

Helen Roseveare was a British medical missionary in the Congo years ago during an uprising. Her faith was strong & her trust was confident, yet she was raped & assaulted & treated brutally. Commenting later, she said, "I must ask myself a question as if it came directly from the Lord. 'Can you thank Me for trusting you with this experience even if I never tell you why?'"
What a profound thought. God has trusted each of us with our own set of unfair circumstances and unexplained experiences to deal with. Can we still trust Him even if He never tells us why?
The secret to responsible trust is acceptance.
Acceptance is taking from God's hand absolutely anything He gives, looking into His face in trust & thanksgiving, knowing that the confinement of the hedge we're in is good & for His Glory.

___________________

that was from a devotional book someone had me read.
Asking myself if I can thank Him for this experience even if I never hear why.......

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...