Monday, July 20, 2009

A year ago....

Well July 21st, tomorrow will be a year of solid, 5:00a.m. alarms, work outs at 5:30, five days a week, sometimes six, sometimes four, and 6 months of eating correctly.
See over the past 5 years the Lord has been taking me on this journey of giving him ALL of me....all of me included my weight. I have always been over weight....in 2nd grade I remember being on a diet if that tells you anything. The Lord convicted me one year at a Leadership conference at BRCC and we were talking about giving God all of us....I told him, sure Lord anything, you know I would go where you wanted, you know I would do what you ask, just say it & I'm there. His response to me was...give me ALL of you; including your weight.
*WACK*
Um what??? I asked. He said all of you, give me all of you. I was like Lord, I don't know how to give you ALL of me....I don't know what that looks like, I don't even know where to begin.....thus started my journey. Its been a long road, not with out bumps & bruises along the way. Its been one that has formed who I am right now though. I know now that I do NOT have to live the way I have for the 1st 29 years of my life. I know now that I do not have to be a slave to myself. I know now that I am in control of whether I get diabetes or not. I know now that weight & losing weight is not about the number on the scale, but if you can say, Yes God, I honored you with my body today!
Some verses that have helped me along on this journey are:

2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation, the old has gone, and the new has come."

Genesis 4:7 "If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? but if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must MASTER it."

1 Corinthians 9:27 "...No I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."

....and many many others keep me going. Changing that tape loop in my head that tells me I'm not worth it, to I AM WORTH IT! I AM. I am allowed to live a healthy life for Christ, I do NOT, WILL NOT, be a slave to my self any longer.

So for now, for me, this is what I have to do, waking up at 5 am, going to work out, monitor what I eat, and praying that I do not give into self is where he has me now. I have lost 35lbs since this journey began, and I have 20 more to go. As God is my strength I WILL met my Goal.

Thank you Lord, for the work in this life, may you be lifted high! May my life, physical, spiritual, and mental be a testimony to where you have brought me. All for you Lord, yesterday, today & forever.
I love you.

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...