Saturday, August 8, 2009

August 09

Wow! The year is just flying right by! Its August already! We've been on a few trips this summer, one of which was a week long trip to Myrtle Beach, SC with a group of our friends. It was so nice to just relax & not have any major plans. Then just this past weekend I went to Chicago to visit Erica, again (I went in February this year also). It was a great time, we went wedding dress shopping because she got engaged July 3rd to a wonderful man, Dennes. So we did the wedding planning stuff, got her wedding dress, tried to find bridesmaid dresses, but were not successful yet. I think they found the place they are going to have the reception & the invitations are almost done! So they are well on their way! The wedding will be in April 2010.

Jeremy & I are in the process of buying a home. We are going to go the townhouse route & then eventually we will have it as rental property! So we are excited about that, by the end of August we should be able to start looking fully & then we should be in a house by the end of October! I'm so excited to do something as a married couple! To buy something together & actually be growing up a little! Its kinda scary! haha but so fun at the same time.
It is going to require much prayer!

I've had a lot on my mind these past months...lots of thoughts on death & almost fearing it, I don't know why I get so scared, I know where I'm going, I know that it will be a million times better than this place, but I still get nervous about the unknown. So its been a few weeks of pondering. I need the Lord so much these days. Which is good. I'm trying to stay on my knees. I have a tendency to stand up though.

I've been listening to Craig Groeschel at http://www.lifechurch.tv/
He has been speaking on Elijah & just what an amazing man of God he is, I pray one day I have the faith he does to stand up for the Lord. To really let my life shout Jesus like his did.

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...