Monday, February 22, 2010

Twists & Turns

Welp....um....I don't even know what to say but well, OK then!
As you all know we have been trying to adopt, or at least start the process. And as you know we have never tried to have our own children, in fact I have been on birth control for the past 7 years. There were some months in that time frame where I would miss & it would be a cause for concern, but nothing ever became of it. It was just pushed off as, "well this is just how my body works."

Then this past September, I was really concerned because I hadn't had a cycle for two months...so I took a pregnancy test, and it was (both were) negative. So I thought it would be a good idea to at least go talk to the doctor to see what was up. She assured me that it was just because I had a light period anyway, and that it wasn't a big deal if it stopped all together. So with some skepticism I was like OK, well she is the Doctor...and just went on with life.

So then, October came around & the whole Catalyst conference happened...and as you know that is where we decided we were to give up the right to have our own child & give a life a chance that needs it. So that is why we decided adoption was for us only. We gave up the right to have our own child & just were deciding to adopt.

So....fast forward to about two weeks ago; Jeremy & I started this new work out regimen that is a balance of different exercises & a balanced way of eating...well over the past two weeks I started to gain some weight...I just was really confused because normally when I eat healthy & exercise harder I lose weight. And the other odd thing was that I was gaining in my stomach. I REALLY don't gain weight in my stomach. My stomach has been an area that has always been smaller. I gain in my hips & thighs normally...so this was really confusing. So after our work out & after Jeremy noticed too that my stomach wasn't looking "normal"...so after talking we had the thought that "what if I am pregnant." We both were like 'NOOOO, no way!" But couldn't get past it...so what the heck I decided to take a test. I figured if I am its probably a good thing to figure out! and if I wasn't...well...then that is what we were expecting....and so...after two tests & phone calls to the Doctor....I am pregnant!

I am SO confused by this and have no clue how far along I am...I went to my doctor today to get some blood work done so I can find out how far along I am. So I should get those results tomorrow. But yeah this was something I was NOT expecting or even considering an option for Jeremy & I, but the Lord obviously has a plan, and is making that plan perfectly clear! So....the adoption journey will just be put on hold until baby number two is ready for our home....and YES we still plan on adopting! :)

So there is my news, and boy does life bring you to twist & turns! So crazy. Never expected to be on this ride....but am embracing it as we take the next turn.

(4/9/2010: Looking back at this...I really found at at 20 weeks of being pregnant! I got pregnant on Oct. 12, 2009 the Monday after we returned from the Catalyst conference!!)

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...