Wednesday, March 17, 2010

First Time Flutters!

(April 9, 2010: In reality I was 24 weeks along when I felt my "first time flutters!")

So! Ok. Yesterday.
I was just getting home from work yesterday & as I stood up I felt this "Flutter" feeling deep inside my belly. It was a feeling I had never felt, and it made me stop for a second...then I was like huh, must just be digestion or something. So I went on my way & didn't think twice about it.

THEN today at work, was walking with a coworker Trudy & she asked me, so have you felt the baby move yet? I was like...what does it feel like & she explained that its this little vague "flutter" feeling. Almost like butterflies flying around. I couldn't believe it. Her description was exactly what I felt yesterday!
So then I come back to my desk from lunch...and FEEL IT AGAIN!!! This articles explains it perfectly....especially the part about playing it off as "stomach digestion"...and the flutter feeling...how exciting!!! I feel SO blessed that the Lord is allowing me to experience this!

Here is the article:
When You Feel the Baby Move
The following is from "Your Pregnancy Companion" by Janis Graham:

"As you wait for the time when you'll start to feel your baby move, it's not uncommon to become a little anxious, to worry, 'Why haven't I felt anything yet?' It helps to keep the following two things in mind.

"First, while some women feel fetal movements as early as fourteen weeks, most mothers-to-be (especially first-time mothers) only discern movements after eighteen or twenty-one weeks (or even as late as twenty-six weeks).

"Second, it's not always easy to recognize first fetal movements, since early movements are not usually experienced as distinct jabs or kicks but indistinct, vague "flutterings" or sinking sensations that are easy to mistake for digestive rumblings. In other words, feeling your baby's first movements may not be a clearly demarcated "event" for you but a series of suspicions ("I think that was the baby moving") that finally add up to certainty."

Here are more comments from WikiAnswers contributors:
This is my first time pregnant and I felt the baby move at about 15 weeks

This is my first pregnancy and I first definitely felt my little boy move at 18 weeks, 4 days. It was awesome. And then strangely enough - I felt him move every single day since then - and each day they become more and more distinct. I'm amazed at how quickly I've gone from not feeling anything - to feeling him move several times throughout the day. He mainly moves shortly after I eat and when I first lay down to go to bed at night. At first they felt like little bubbles bursting against the inside of my belly and then they started feeling like a fish bumping against my belly - and now they are definite kicks.

With my daughter, I felt her move at 16 weeks, just like butterflies........with this pregnancy, I cannot even believe it myself, but I felt the baby move at 11 1/2 weeks.......I first felt those butterflies a few days ago and told myself it was my imagination, but tonight, I felt KICKS!! Tiny, soft kicks, and my husband actually felt it twice............ Unbelievable, what a gift this is..............
I believe for a first pregnancy somewhere between 15-22 weeks is normal.

Yes, you would usually feel the baby move when you get to be between 16-22 weeks. But with mothers who have had more than one pregnancy, they will most of the time feel the baby moving earlier, since their uterus has stretched enough from previous pregnancies. But sometimes, its different for all women.

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...