Thursday, May 27, 2010

34 Weeks & Counting

Sorry its been a while since I wrote last....its been kind of a busy week.
First things first....we finished Ella's room!!! Our friends Matt & Rachael who live in Charlotte came up & brought her dresser & shelf from IKEA last Friday night.
Jeremy set all that up & the room looks great!! We just need to hang a couple more things on the wall & it will be 100% done! I wanted to wait till that time to post the finish product. The other thing we are waiting on is the basement. We are storing a bed in Ella's room too & it has no place to go until the basement gets done, so that is the other hold up.

Speaking of basement....drywall went up yesterday!! Its amazing how drywall can change the look of a basement! It looks totally different! its so exciting! Today they are showing back up at 7am to finish the drywall & then lay tile in the bathroom & right in the entry way of the basement door. Its going to look great! Jeremy picked out the tile & it is really nice! I'm so excited for this all to come together! I think the plan is either Friday or Tuesday of next week for the carpet to get laid & the walls to be painted! So we should have the finished product in a couple weeks!!! Then the crowded house can go back to normal!!! (We have stuff everywhere!) :)

So in other news last Saturday was my baby shower...I can not even tell you how much of a blessing this was to me! Stephanie, Megan, Andy & Shea all put it together for me...and for sure was one of the top best days of my life (so far). It was decorated amazing, the food was so pretty, there were so many friends there to shower me with gifts! We played a game that Andy had called my parents to get answers from! (That was neat!), then Megan & our friend Andrew put together a video slide show of my journey of being pregnant! Talk about make you cry! It was so amazing. I could watch it over & over! ♥
Then of course there were gifts! There were a ton of diapers & wipes!! Lots of clothes too!! We are so blessed & surrounded by the most amazing people who love us for sure!

So that was this past weekend...so we get to last night. On Wednesdays with our high school group we have Mid Week Groups. That is just kind of like a little small group time for all of us to get together & talk about what is really going on in our lives. So I was told to get to Britni's house around 5:30....and right when I walked in....about 10 girls jumped out at my & yelled surprise!!! Or I actually think they yelled "You're pregnant!!!" haha :) But they had all gotten there early & put together a baby shower for me!!! It was awesome! I really was so surprised that SO many girls came that early & they had so much food & it was decorated so pretty!!! And again...gifts! These girls poured out more love on me last night than I've felt at least since Saturday! :) No but they did an amazing job, I was truly impressed!

I can't tell you how much these things have blessed my heart....I'm normally the one who gives the parties & likes to just be behind the scenes on things...but I tell you it has been such a good thing for me to be on the receiving end of things...not just because we get things...but it is ok for me to feel love from people too. I think that is the hardest part for me sometimes...I just give & give & its actually a HARD thing for me to receive stuff....I think because I'm afraid that I won't seem grateful enough. But I just have to trust that everyone knows just HOW much my heart was filled up & how much it truly did bless us. We feel so loved.

And whelp in Ella news....I am 8 1/2 months along! She is coming in 5 weeks....It really still blows my mind that this little one will be with us that soon! But we are super excited...Jeremy is too! Its been so fun to just hear him & watch him with her stuff & just get himself ready for her. I am so excited for our little family unit to be expanded soon! ♥
Here is a 34 week picture:


Also...Jeremy said last night as I was putting clothes in Ella's drawers....
"What if she was a boy?"
HAHAHA oh man! Ella...all I have to say is that you had better be a girl! HAHA We have so MUCH pink! I can't imagine having to switch it all!!! So Ella....you will be an.....Ella...ok? ;)
But what a thought! Phew....lets not think too hard on that one! :)

Hope everyone has an amazing week! ♥

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...