Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day

So today is Mother's Day & there has been some debate (more from me saying I'm not a mother yet...everyone says I am...) but some debate on whether or not I celebrate today as a Mother....I say no, because you don't celebrate Ella's birthdate as October 12, 2009 when she was conceived...but you celebrate the day she is actually born....so that is why I say next year is my first Mothers Day. :)
This can be my first "Mother-to-be" Day! :)

Either way my amazing husband is so sweet. He is never lacking in the area of gift giving and is SO good at giving me thoughtful gifts!! I took the following picture with my cell phone, thats why it looks so horrible, I'll try to post another one with our camera so you can really see the true goodness of it...but for now this is what he made me....



If you can't tell that is an ultrasound picture of Ella's profile & then the other is a picture of me at 30 weeks pregnant.
This is the most amazing gift to me. Jeremy is SO thoughtful & is so good at giving gifts to me. This is something I will treasure always! After all, I will never have a very first "Mother-to-be" Mothers Day again! ♥

Just a note to my Mom & my Mom by marriage...you will never know what influence you truly do have in my life. I am a little less scared bringing this little sweet life into the world, because I know that I have you as someone I trust implicitly to give me Godly counsel. I am who I am because of how you love me & how you push me to be a better me. You are a treasure to me, and all of the rest of your family & I pray that you feel so loved & treasured this Mothers Day! I love you.

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...