Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Head Spinning...

So it has been quite a while since I posted anything...and for good reason! Ella Jaydan Wilkinson was born at 11:47am, Sunday July 11th, weighing in at 7lbs 15oz, and 20 inches long.
My last post was a hard day for me...its funny how you can look back & be reminded....yet again...that God is in control. Always. i love that.

So what happened was..it was Saturday July 10th & Jeremy went on a hiking/rock climbing trip with some guys from Blue Ridge....so i was just at home that day. I cleaned, finished Ella's scrapbook, watched some TV...and just relaxed. Around 6pm I got a text from Jeremy that said he was still about 2 hours away. I jokingly sent him a text back that said, "Well good thing I didn't go into labor today..." So then I went upstairs to start making dinner...when all of a sudden...MY WATER BROKE! They said you will not be able to miss when that happens, and boy were they right! It was crazy! I ran to the potty & then ran to my phone & started frantically calling Jeremy. They were in the mountains so they didn't have good reception, so I finally called Stephanie & asked her to keep trying to get in touch with him...so that was awesome & she was a huge help! She finally got in touch with Nan, who called one of the guys who was on the trip with him....in the mean time I called Megan & had her come to the house to be with me. Then I called the Dr & asked what to do, next I called Andy because I knew she had done this before so I needed her help to. So Andy comes over to the house too...so at this point its been an hour after my water broke & Megan & Andy are at the house with me. Jeremy called & he said he was about 45 min away! I was so relieved! The contractions were getting stronger & stronger at this point, but were still bearable. Then around 8pm Luke & Steph came to the house too...so it was like a little labor party...except at this point it wasn't so much a "party" for me. To say contractions "hurt" is an understatement. They were a pain like no other & were dropping me to my knees. It was unreal. haha
So finally around 10:30pm the contractions were about 4 minutes apart & they were pretty unreal so we all piled in the cars & drove to the hospital. The car ride, was so awful to say the least. I couldn't' even open my eyes the pain was so intense & then when we got out of the car I was nauseous & threw up. Luckily a nurse was there with a wheel chair & she wheeled me up to the Labor & Delivery area.
After getting all checked in & the questions answered...they let me get in the tub that had the jets in it. I stayed in there for a long time, but the pain was just getting way too intense..so I told Jer that I needed an epidural. Once the medicine kicked in, I was in heaven! Luke, Steph, Megan, Andy, Jeremy, and now at this point Wade were all there with me in the delivery room. I felt amazing! :) I would suggest an epidural every time! At this point it was 3am & I wanted to get some sleep so everyone left & was going ot come back in the morning.
We slept till about 6:30 & the Dr. suggested I start potosin because I had only dilated a 1/2cm in 2 hours....so that was around 7am.....everyone came back around 8am & we just hung out. Well around 10:30am the Dr. came back in & checked me again...and here is what she said...."Well are you ready to have this baby?" The girls started screaming & I started crying! haha it was TIME! I couldn't believe it!!
Andy, Megan, and Steph were all there right with Jeremy & I! It was a fantastic experience and I'm so glad I was able to share the experience of having my daughter with all of them. I was feeling so good that i watched Ella come out in a mirror! It was an amazing experience & one I will never forget!
AND
All my worry & stress of her not coming in time for my parents visit was banished!! We got out of the hospital at noon on July 13th & my parents flight landed at 4pm on the 13th!! The timing was amazing & I am so thankful for the prayers and so excited Ella came in time!! YAY!!!

Our visit with my parents was so refreshing & MUCH NEEDED. I can't imagine if they weren't here...or were only here a week. Two weeks was awesome (although I would have liked them to stay forever) and gave us time ot catch up on sleep & get some sort of routine down. They were a huge help to us & we could not be more thankful! Now if Jeremy's parents will get here we'll be set! :)

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...