Friday, October 21, 2011

Identity Crisis



I am currently reading this book.
It is changing my life.
K.P. Yohannan is the founder and international director of Gospel for Asia. My church is a supporter of this ministry & my husband & I support three of their missionaries. We are very passionate & full supporters of Gospel for Asia.

K.P. brings things up in this book that I would never have thought of. Its been amazing to read so far, I would encourage any follower of Christ to read it. I want to share a little about the first chapter. I love this chapter. Its how he starts off the book, and it definitely sets the tone for the rest of the read. I am just going to bullet some of the highlighted areas in my book:

-The foundation for our behavior and success comes from our understanding of who we are in Christ.

- The Gospels show us that Jesus never had an identity crisis. On the contrary, He knew - absolutely and without a doubt - who He was. (LOVE THIS! NEED THIS)

-Both Jesus' intimate relationship with God the Father & His earthly Father were rooted in His complete understanding of His identity.

- He lived by what he knew about Himself, not by what others thought or said about Him.

and then the kicker:

- Jesus found his IDENTITY in SCRIPTURE and always directed these people to the Scriptures and the prophecies that spoke of Him.

That just hit home for me...he found his IDENTITY in SCRIPTURE.....I don't do that. I want to do that. I encourage others to do this...but I have a hard time doing it for me too. I want that to be how I operate too, but so many times, ok like 98% of the time I'm like...what am I? Ok, I'm a wife, a mother, an admin...I work with youth....I serve on the Ethiopia team etc. etc, and then when one of those are rocked a little bit or God says not you aren't that anymore...its like well wait...well then what "AM I" ?? Janna wake up. Its time to find your identity in scripture, and when someone asks who are you I will be able to take courage & and be able to stand on the truth of who I really am.

Man. Good stuff.

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...