Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ethiopia Bound

I am leaving for Ethiopia so SOON!! I'm SO excited!
They prayed for our team tonight at church, but I wasn't able to attend because of a sick baby. :( However, I was there in spirit.
Going back to Africa is a 16 year prayer request of mine that has been answered! See when I was a Junior in high school I went to Ghana Africa with Teen Mania Ministries & it was an experience that changed my life, forever. God birthed in me a love & a compassion for the people of Africa. I know its from him because my heart doesn't beat & skip for every culture like it does for the African culture. My heart beats for them, I love their culture, I love how joyful they are when they don't even have a fraction of what we have here in America. They are beautiful people & they captured my heart. They captured it so much that I had decided once done with college I was going to try to go live over there....well long story short with a now husband & baby...that plan did not pan out; obviously.
Until now. (sorta, minus the living part.) :)
See I have been praying to be able to go back at some point, some how; I even had an opportunity to go with a group a few years ago, but the time wasn't right & I wasn't able to go. Which leads me to today....one day away from yet another answered prayer. God is so amazing to me, not because he answers me & gives me the desires of my heart, but because he HEARS me. He doesn't give me my desires when I want them or when I think I need them, but in his time he has worked them out.....according to HIS plan. I am not the same girl I was 16, 10, even 5 years ago. He has transformed me & brought me to a place of complete & total surrender to him, and HIS plan....not mine....no matter what.
I go into this trip with knees to the earth, hands open wide, ready to drink in all he has for me.
I'm so humbled & in awe. I am not sure how much time I'll have to blog while over there, but I'll at least get some notes jotted down to bring back to everyone. Until next time....

Beaming with gratitude,
Janna ♥

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...