Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ella turns two!

Well today my not so baby girl turns two!




So excited to celebrate her! Birthdays are so much fun to me, not mine though. I just LOVE celebrating other people's birthdays! I know they feel so special on their day, so I try to make a really big deal out of it! I love doing it, the joy on their face is priceless!
So normally I would have put a party together for Ella but due to the uncertainty of Alivia's arrival I didn't want to have to plan something, buy everything for it, food etc all to have it have to be canceled. But leave it to my Momma to come through! She sent a box of MANY presents for Ella, a Dora birthday banner, and Dora party favors! I love that she celebrates birthdays like I do….I have no clue where I got this love of birthdays. ;)
Since I had decided to not even decorate or anything, we were just going to have dinner, and then open her gifts tonight…as I kept getting closer to the date, I was like I can’t NOT celebrate her birthday!!! So Monday night I start making her a cake! Which I did not plan to do, but I just couldn’t go without making her one! Last night I finished it up & then decided to pull out the decorations my Mom had sent & decorated! Here is a picture of her Dora cake:


I put the banner up & the party favors out, and displayed the gifts under it! It was really fun.
I got a call from Jeremy saying, I should have recorded her reaction when she came down this morning. Apparently when she saw the banner & the presents she started jumping up & down & saying OOOOOOO!!!!!! Hahah I’m so glad I decided to do that! I love that I have the chance to make my little girl get excited on her special day! Bummed I missed the moment, but knowing that it was special to her, makes it ok.

Not sure if you picked up on the date, but today is July 11th. 7/11. I did not know this until Ella was born, but every year on July 11th, 7.11 gives away FREE 7.11oz Slurpee's to celebrate their birthday! So last year I decided I wanted to start the tradition of getting Slurpee's for Ella on her birthday every year! Last year it was really fun! I knew I was going to have to make dinner when I got home from work and there just wasn’t going to be time for me to run her to 7.11 for her Slurpee, so I asked Jeremy if he would take her this morning. He said he would, and he took some pictures:




Man, she looks like a little lady. I just love her so much & am SO honored that I GET to be her Mom! So so grateful!!!

Happy Birthday my sweet Ella Jaydan! You bring SO much joy to SO MANY people! My prayer for you is that you would delight in obedience, and that you would fall so in love with our Savior it would be such a joy to obey Him. Your Dad (and many others) love you SO much and are SO proud to have walked these last two years with you! xoxo

4 comments:

Ashley Eiban said...

What a cutie pie! Happy Birthday Sweet Ella! What a fun tradition- a free slurpee on your birthday! :)

Sweetly Broken said...

Thank you Ash! <3

The Lucero Family said...

She is such a doll! Love her skinny jeans!! Happy Birthday Ella :)

Sweetly Broken said...

Thank you Hannah :)

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...