Friday, July 27, 2012

39 Weeks!!

Well yesterday we had a check up and all is well! They put Leighanne on the fetal monitor just to make sure she is doing well & just that she is still healthy. This is what that looks like:
I must add, its kind of nice being on this side of things this time, getting to see all the gadgets they used & stuff. The list on the left is Alivia's heartbeat & the one on the right is measuring Leighannes contractions. As you can see she is not too active. :)
The doctor, who I'm pretty sure just graduated from college wanted to check her dilation again just to be sure, since we are so close to her due date. So he checks her...and side note...she has been checked two other times & both Dr.s have said she is 1cm & 60-80% effaced.....so much to our surprise this Dr. said she was yes 1cm....but he was 100% sure she was only 10% effaced. UGH what??? You should have seen poor leighannes face, she almost bust into tears! Poor thing. So he walked out & I just had to reassure her, that he probably made a mistake & that we've had two Dr.s say she was at least 60% so we need another opinion. Next thing we know (good move on kid Dr's part) he brought in his supervisor, who will be one of the Dr's to deliver leighanne & she did another check. After her check she said that she is 50% effaced & 2 ALMOST 3cm!!! YAY!!!! Progress!!! So that helped the mood lift a little! Poor Leighanne is done, and ready to meet this baby! Aren't we all though!? ;)
So all that to say things are going well & progressing!! If she doesn't go into labor then we will schedule an induction date, which will be August 5th!! So the time is coming near, no longer will be the days of pictures like this:
I can't tell you how much I rejoice to the Lord for my sweet gifts. I can NOT wait till my dream of a family of four is complete! Oh the Lord is so good & gracious to me. I so don't deserve it at all, I kick & scream & cry & fuss, but still he chooses to be sweet. <3 So filled with gratitude.


No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...