Saturday, July 28, 2012

As I sit here comfortably on my couch, sipping my coffee, and watching the Olympics I decided to check my email. Here is what I read:

Dear Jeremy and Janna, 
One of our senior leaders has been abducted by a terrorist group, and they are demanding a very high ransom for his release. On July 23, at 7 p.m., a group of five armed terrorists kidnapped Pastor PG from our Bible school campus in the Karbi Anglong district of Assam, India. They have taken him away to their forest hideout, and we are unaware of his location. This group is threatening to kill Pastor PG unless we give them a large sum of money.

There was more to the email, but as Jeremy & I stopped to pray for him, I just got an overwhelming feeling. He is a real person. This is not just a "story." Some where in India this is happening to one of our laborers for Christ. Ugh and it hit me, I was broken for him. Please join us & pray for him. We don't know what the Lord has in store for him. A fate like Stephen, or a different outcome, but all I know is that he needs prayer. Also please pray for the men that captured him that they would somehow come to know Christ through this.
 Will you join me in praying?

2 comments:

Sweetly Broken said...

Dear Jeremy and Janna,

Thank God—your prayers are answered! On Sunday, July 29, our missionary Ponnachan George was released unharmed by the terrorist group that had kidnapped him almost a week earlier in Assam, India.

All around the world, the people of God prayed, and just as in Acts 12, we have experienced His mercy
Thank you for praying!!!

The Mt. Ephraim Center said...

Oh wow! This REALLY encouraged me just now because I hadn't read the comment yet and I just prayed and I was going to leave a comment letting you know that I did and then I see that he is safe! I am sooo happy! :) Praise God!! :) Amen!! :) Thank you so much for sharing this with us! :)

ajwilson412.blogspot.com

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...