Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Recap

Well for those of you who do not know....our Alivia Peyton was born on July 29th, at 12:06pm! She weighed 7lbs exactly, and was 20 1/4" long.
It was a whirl wind to say the least, and had our Internet not been down for the past 5 days I would have posted sooner.
It was a Sunday morning, as I was sitting in the 1st service a friend came & got me & told me it was time. She had talked to Leighanne & her contractions were 5minutes apart. So as we were driving to pick up Leighanne, I got a call from her. She was a bit frantic as her water had just broke! I tried to reassure her that it would all be alright & that we were almost there.
Fast forward....we get to the hospital around 10:30am. There is a bit of check in time that needs to happen so Leighanne was back there with a friend & me & my other friend were just going to camp out in the lobby until it she was a bit farther along and was time to go back. So around 11, I went to the cafeteria to get us some lunch. Even called Jeremy to say not to rush over to the hospital. you know how births are....they take some time...we assumed we would meet Alivia by that evening...but had no clue what was about to take place.
As Noelle & I sit down to eat our lunch, we get about 5 bites into it, and we get the call!
"SHE IS PUSHING! COME NOW!"
You can imagine my panic! I was like WHAT?!?! WHAT?? PUSHING??? Its only been an hour since we arrived!!! So Noelle & I leave our food & drink there in the lobby & run back! It was 11:51 at this point....5 pushes & 15min later, at 12:06pm Alivia was here!!!
It was a shock to say the least & we had NO clue it would be that quick! Jeremy arrived at the hospital at 12:13. :)
It was such a gift, Leighanne wanted me to be the 1st on to hold her, so that was an awesome gift. Jeremy was the 2nd to hold her, then Leighanne held her. The hospital stay went just wonderfully & we could not be more thankful to the Lord for bring just a peace & comfort to the whole situation. Extended family on both sides of the biological parents came to the hospital, and it was just all so wonderful. :) Could not have asked for better people to walk this journey with! Praise be to God for working it all out! All anxiety & fears, were instantly erased. It was a wonderful day.


We could not feel more blessed! We have an amazing beautiful daughter & a friend that we get to walk the rest of this road with bonded forever. Love that. God is so good to me, to us! ♥
Now for the next four weeks I get to pretend what it would be like to be a stay at home mom to my two girls. August 27th is going to be a really sad day, when I have to go back to work. But for now....here is to being a stay at home Mom! :) 

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I love this story. I love everything about it! <3 <3 <3

Ashley Eiban said...

God is so so so good! I love your story.:) Can't wait to meet this little one! Totally missing you on gmail chat- but hope you are so enjoying your 'stay at home mom' status!

CG said...

Congratulations! So beautiful to see the journey God is bringing you on! :)

JannaWilk said...

Thanks ladies! xoxo ♥

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...