Sunday, August 4, 2013

It was a good weekend!

First I need to say a Happy Birthday to my Alivia Peyton who turned one on July 29th, and I'm a mom of two girls now and rarely turn on my computer and don't want to blog from my phone....so now after all the excuse of why I'm just now getting to saying this on my blog.....Happy Birthday to my sweet sweet God given gift, Alivia. You bring SO much joy and happiness to our lives & you were for sure hand picked by the creator for our family & we love you SOOOOO much!!!

Its been a while needless to say, and I am sad I don't open my computer more, but glad too because its filled with other things, good sweet things, that I deeply prayed for. But the times I do sit down and type out a blog, I am also thankful for as well because that means there is quiet in my house. I can sit. I can take a deep breath, and be still. Oh so good that stillness is. I've been in a time here recently where life is a little tricky. It feels like it spins and it spins and the more the days come, the faster they start spinning and next thing you know you are in month EIGHT of a year that just started. Nuts.
As most of you know, the two that read this! hehe I started serving with the youth again back in January. Really really felt like I needed to start serving again, and the only place I had a peace about going was into the youth room. With this new tricky quickly spinning life/season I'm in though, serving in a such a high capacity area, also gets tricky. Youth ministry doesn't just happen on a Sunday. Its all throughout the week, its calling, its texting, it spending time, its investing. Its a lot, if you are going to do it well. So with that said, with kids youth ministry doesn't always work because you have to...tend to your little kids. They need you! You can't just say ok I'm going to have coffee with a student, peace I'm out. Then when these little ones get sick, which is OFTEN, you can't just stick them in their classrooms on a Sunday & say ok I'm going to serve keep my sick child. Doesn't work that way. So then with just these two little things the enemy is just so so crafty in placing all these lies in my head. They sound like this:
"Why are you even serving in youth ministry? You are always missing something because of your kids." "Why are you serving in this ministry? You aren't effective." "Why are you even trying to make this work? You can't make some of the leader meetings, why are you even trying." "Why are you serving in this ministry? You aren't making a bit of difference."
And so go the lies.
Thankfully my sweet Jesus taught me about Made for More before these lies started. I know that they are just in fact lies, and they get bigger when they are kept in isolation. So I've tried hard to be open and communicate with my other leaders when I'm feeling this way so they can pray for me when these attacks come. Which has helped immensely! Thank you Lord.
So then we get to today.
Today in service Lee talked about the facts around Jesus and the crucifixion and proving that it is true....giving the kids the freedom to choose to believe or not. In all of his graciousness he allowed me to sit by Tori, and he allowed me to see the angst in her heart, and he gave me boldness enough to ask her questions & press in....resulting in a life that surrendered right there in service to our Jesus!!! Oh how thrilling!!!! I take no credit for this either. It was all him moving and giving me the words to say to her, and SHE chose Him, and He chose her!!! I can't wait to start walking this road with her, and pouring into her! God is so good, and just confirmed in my heart that, yes the lies will still come. They will come back for me again, I have no doubt, BUT I am there serving in this ministry for a reason & a purpose & its to be his hands and feet to broken teens who are in desperate need of a savior! Lead on Lord, lead on!!! <3 nbsp="">

1 comment:

CG said...

That's awesome Janna!!

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...