Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Assignment

My time with the Lord today was just really sweet. I am doing a devotional book by Beth Moore & today was such a good reminder. She started out in Luke 9:1-6. This scripture talks about how Jesus sends out the 12 disciples & how He gave them all power & authority to drive out all demons, to cure diseases, heal the sick & sent them out to preach the kingdom of God.
Beth was talking about how she thought it was interesting that this was for a specific task. She also believes the concepts of calling & task are often confused in the body of Christ. She said in her own experience she assumed that speaking was her "calling." She said God made it very clear to her that her "calling" was to surrender her life everyday to His will. To do what He asked, whatever it was. She goes on to say that she realized that God did not want her to be hung up on the kind of assignment He gave her; whether that was speaking to 100 people or rocking one baby in the nursery. Her calling was to be abandoned to Him.

I just loved this because so many times I get stuck on the one thing I feel like He called me to; for example adoption. And some how I miss the fact that He is still in control & all I am supposed to do is remain faithful to my one true "calling" & that is to:
Surrender to God in whatever He asks of me.
I love this! This was a good reminder for me this morning!

No comments:

Is this mic on?

 *Tap tap tap* Hello? Hello?? Is this mic on?  Testing, testing...1..2..3 Well hey there...it has been a hot minute since I have visited thi...